• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

32/9.5-15's on OEM 5 spoke steelies

luvme88xj

NAXJA Forum User
I removed the flares and tossed them. I then trimmed the fenders. The amount of matterial removed was to the pinch welds in the rear and just to keep it semetrical, I removed the same amount up front. I installed a 3" lift and disconnected both sway bars and flexed her out. I now have room to run 32's and was wondering if anyone runs with 32/9.5-15 Super Swamper TSL Radial's on OEM 5 spoke steelies. I can live with some rubbing as I will be going with ZJ LCA's or an after market set soon. I research and read that the width of the tire should not excede the width of the rim more than 2.5" but have not found any info on weather or not this tire/wheel combo will work. Thanks for any input.

Build `till it hurts

luvme88xj said:
I research and read that the width of the tire should not excede the width of the rim more than 2.5" but have not found any info on weather or not this tire/wheel combo will work.

Well, not exactly. Since I got my 8 inch wide rims for my 31 x 10.5 at's ( just like your formula ) I have seen many people recommend a 7 inch wide rime with them to aid bead retention when aired down. Mine unfortunately spends most of it's time on the road, so the 8" wide rims are likely better for my application. Narrow rim with wide tire tends to promote wearing in the middle/ballooning out the middle of the tread a bit. You have to pick what is best for the way you use your Jeep.

In your instance I think the 32's would probably rub the control arms, unless the other LCA's you mentioned have the curve in them like some that I have seen or leave the stockers for aftermarket wheels with more backspace.

I plan to get to a similar size tire to yours in the future, but on 16x7 rims. There are more options for narrow tires around 32 inches tall, I think.

I used to run 32x10.50's on stock rims.
bump12.jpg

I'm not certain as to how many co.'s but I do believe Interco has them. They seem to have more avbl. sizes in different applications. 33's are two big and 31's I could live with but an added extra inch is what she desires. That is why Im gonna give then a shot. thanks for the info.

javik said:
how many companies offer 32x10.50s?
I think you are looking at a 265/75/16. It's a fairly common full size truck tire. You will find them in most brands, GY, BFG, Truxxus etc. I'm hoping to run them on my stock 16x7's. Do note, if you have your stock rear sway bar on....it won't like fit without spacers. I've got 255's on there now, and it is REAL close. Not touching, but not sure about a 265. I'm not thinking a 285 will work at all without spacers. That's the end goal....someday!

Yep, in 32" flavour you're looking at 265/75/16's. Most everyone makes those but... Couldn't get them to fit on my heap with stock steelies (Libby 16's, same BS) without spacers. In 15", 32x9.5's or even 10.5's were impossible to find. (Here at least, may be better where you're at.)

Andre

Zuki-Ron said:
...and how did that work for you?
Excellent,full flex,no bump stops and a little rubbing at the top of the spring tower and on the LCA's(but just paint).

Back