• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My homemade t-case skid

Steve F

NAXJA Forum User
Over the last few evenings I've been making up a new t-case skid to go with my modified heavy duty crossmember.

I started with some 8mm plate which is about twice as thick as the stock skid (which previously got ripped off the bottom of the XJ)

100_2117.sized.jpg

I then cut and bent it and did a test fit prior to completely welding it and put it in some reinforcing etc

bashplate_004.sized.jpg

Then when all was right I welded it up and added some extra pieces to box it slightly. The piece on the end at right angles to the plate goes up the side of the frame and will be drilled and used to bolt the plate to the frame so I dont have to bolt though the bottom. I'm hopeing I can move the brake lines slightly on the inside of the frame and bolt all the way through with a big plate on the otherside to stop the frame crushing. I've also countersunk the bolts that attach it to the crossmember and am using allen head bolts.

bashplate_006.sized.jpg

Just need to bolt it up when the paint drys :)

Clearance wise it hangs about 10mm lower than the stock one under the tcase but is higher everywhere else. I did this as the t-case would tap on the stock one in reverse even with new engine mounts etc so thought it would be better to lower this slightly.

Cheers
Steve

Bolted it up, just need to drill holes through the chassis rail and side mount so I can bolt it on there and finish it off.

crossmember_026.sized.jpg

Cheers
Steve

Back