• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

moan in the front end...

bzdel2441

NAXJA Forum User
I am wondering what up front could make a maoning noise. I comes and goes somtimes it is arround for a minute or two and I am not able to check where it is comming from because I am driving. Other times it doesnt happen for a few days... I am guessing it is most likely a pully. I have replaced the water pump and the vibration damper and put a new belt on, maybe the idler?? What else could make moaning nosies up front??

Thanks
Chris

Moaning is usually from the power steering pump, really loud on cold mornings but much better than the whine I used to get from my passenger seat when I drove my daughter to school in the mornings...:)

check the power steering fluid level. that'll make the pump cranky.
usually belts (and stuff associated with belts, like idler pullies/tensioners) cause a squealing type of noise, not a moan.

QUOTE=bzdel2441]I am wondering what up front could make a maoning noise. I comes and goes somtimes it is arround for a minute or two and I am not able to check where it is comming from because I am driving. Other times it doesnt happen for a few days... I am guessing it is most likely a pully. I have replaced the water pump and the vibration damper and put a new belt on, maybe the idler?? What else could make moaning nosies up front??

Thanks
Chris[/QUOTE]

Let me get this right...you write about moaning?. About it coming and going on a regular basis? Lastly you replaced a vibration damper to get rid of it? I won't bite. This is too easy. :laugh2:

bzdel2441 said:
I am wondering what up front could make a maoning noise. I comes and goes somtimes it is arround for a minute or two and I am not able to check where it is comming from because I am driving. Other times it doesnt happen for a few days... I am guessing it is most likely a pully. I have replaced the water pump and the vibration damper and put a new belt on, maybe the idler?? What else could make moaning nosies up front??

Thanks
Chris

Does it perhaps come and go with the A/C? Keep in mind the A/C runs when you have the defroster on. Mine happens to make a droaning kind of noise too.

[/QUOTE]Let me get this right...you write about moaning?. About it coming and going on a regular basis? Lastly you replaced a vibration damper to get rid of it? I won't bite. This is too easy. :laugh2:[/QUOTE]

No I replaced the vibration damper because it was going to fall off, and i replaced the water pump when it went out. I just wanted to say what work I have done in that area...

Let me get this right...you write about moaning?. About it coming and going on a regular basis? Lastly you replaced a vibration damper to get rid of it? I won't bite. This is too easy. :laugh2:[/QUOTE]

No I replaced the vibration damper because it was going to fall off, and i replaced the water pump when it went out. I just wanted to say what work I have done in that area...[/QUOTE]

I was just joking around. Just having fun with your descriptions.
BSD

Does it sound anything like this..."Why do you have to go through all the puddles"?..."Your gonna get us stuck"..."Your gonna break somehthing"... quick fix...Duck Tape!

I have a squeal that comes and goes at cold start with turning on and off of the A/C. Also the squeal gets worse when I step on the accelerator with the A/C on. What does this mean for me? Any ideas on where the squeal is coming from? What would the A/C have to do with it?

Back