• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

floormats

XJ_Vikings said:
http://www.4wheelsupply.com/cat.cgi?s=cherokee+nifty+xtreme+not+grand

has anyone purcahsed these or know someone who did? my floormats are just about falling apart and id like to not destroy whats underneath them. however, i have heard they can encourage rusting by trapping water beneath

any thoughts??

and no i dont want to rip up my carpet and rhino line
If you don't want to shell out $60 for those, go to AutoZone or any other local car parts shop. They have floor mats that work just as well for way less. I think for my front and rear mats I payed $40 or so. I love them.

Also, it's not really floor mats that trap water, it's carpet. The carpet and insulation will hold water and cause rusting.

Huskyliners accept no substitue...

they trap water ON TOP, dirt and mud all stay trapped in the little shell

I love mine...

XJ_ranger said:
Huskyliners accept no substitue...

they trap water ON TOP, dirt and mud all stay trapped in the little shell

I love mine...
2X
At least I did when I had carpet.:dunno:

Starscream918 said:
If you don't want to shell out $60 for those, go to AutoZone or any other local car parts shop. They have floor mats that work just as well for way less. I think for my front and rear mats I payed $40 or so. I love them.

Also, it's not really floor mats that trap water, it's carpet. The carpet and insulation will hold water and cause rusting.

True but i have not ever seen anything at the auto chain stores as nice as my husky liners. Its the lip and form fit to application, not some generic you trim to fit rubber. My Husky liners can hold more snow than i could possibly track into my vehicle. I think with the curved lips much like the one he posted a link to could hold well over a gallon of water in them and not get a drop on the carpet (melt snow, obviously a gallon of water would slosh around and get on the carpet)

Get something with the tall lips and form fit to the floor pan.

yeah i deffinatly want lips ont he mat, especially becasue i dont have any heat going to my feet, thus keeping snow and water there for white a while

i also happened to check out the mats at the auto parts store and they were small and 40$ a pair up front

ditch the mats AND carpet and lineX the whole thing

go to your autozone...great mats for about $10 each. Work fantastic. Built like the husky liners.

Chris

Ive had a set of CatchAll mats in my DD 4x truck for about 3 years.

They fit perfect, their carpet color matches my Chevy's carpet and the design is like a big bowl so the snow and slush you track into the car stays off the factory carpet. When they're dirty, just pull the mats out and hose em off. I think they look way better than any of the all rubber mats, but the rubber ones might last longer. Although, after 3 years, mine still look great.

Back