• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

YORK Compressor Questions

GoliathJeeper

NAXJA Forum User
I found two YORK compressors laying around in my shop. Funny story here. My father and I are selling our 50' x 100' shop. It is slap full of parts of stored junk( all auto stuff.) So pretty much it's a white trash goldmine. lol So I was up on the second story loading up engines since we have to clean out eveything in it and I started with motors first. Well I came across these two things and I scraped or some crud and found YORK on the side of them. I was like holy hell. So my question is I want to put one of them on my XJ. But is there any way I can test them to see which one works. Is there any way to rebuild these? Would it be just like a normal compressor? Also, who wants the other one? Make an offer and pay for shipping. I'll have some pics on here in a few hours.

If this is in the wrong spot feel free to move it.

You can pick these up a pick and pull for $15 bucks, so I dought you will sell them. That being said to test you can test the clutch by turning with your had, if it spins free great. Then aply power to the wire for the clutch (ground case) and see if it clicks now when you turn the pump it should suck and blow. You can put your finger on the in and out to see if it works at all. If it does this, it is worth bolting up and running. There are a few differnt modles and depending on wear they will have diferent efectivness. You may need to change the clutch to match your belt style. build bracket and go.

Back