• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Trac Bar Adjustment

StylerG

NAXJA Forum User
After doing some searching and just finishing an install of an adjustable trac bar.....i need to know how to adjust it
After following some of the instructions out there my steering wheel is turned 1/4 of the way to the right and i really see no difference in my axle position, so what do i need to do that is blantantly obvious and most likely a simple fix to correct all this?

I usually plums down off the flares,you can also pull a string line off the rear tires.The steering adjustment is separate.

Ok so i got the trac bar adjusted as much as i can and my bolt still wont go in straight on the heim side, so i tightened it down as much i could, and everything is tight and ready to go to the alignment shop, but i cant get the threads through enough to insert the pin in the bolt, its a black diamond trac bar and came with a huge washer for the top side of the mount, if i removed the excessive washer i would be able to get the pin in, do i need to remove the washer or will it be alright without the pin???

easy way to adjust is to leave the tb unhooked, and the turn the steering wheel(jeep on the ground at ride height) until it is centeres. I used a straight edge against the tires(watch out for raised letters and such) to take the measurements against the flares.

StylerG said:
still need to know about the heim joint and castle nut pin, how should this look in the end????
If it has a castle nut/cotter pin then it sounds like it is not a heim joint but a tie rod end.

correction, it is a heim...sounds like a tie rod end, but its a heim joint....
why does this sound so odd for a heim joint, should i just drop 30 bucks and go get a new one?

Back