• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Powertrax Lock-Rite

1987jeep

NAXJA Forum User
Does anyone have this? Do you like it? Would I have problems with it if I had 33 inch tires? I've heard that these can be loud is that true? I'm trying to decide if I want this or a skid plate from Rustys. I have $200 what should I get for my jeep? What would you get? I allready have a partial 3" lift meaning no new control arms and a dynomax exhuast system with hight flow converter. I am going to get a long arm setup but that will happen later not yet. With this in mind what would you spend $200- $250 on with this setup?

i have a loc right in my front dana 30 with 33'' swamper ltb and it drives fine, i personally don't mind the noise. i don't hear it very often but it is scary sounding. the loc right is fine, but i would recomend the aussie locker. basically the same thing only not as noisy i am told, as about the same price. as far as skid plates go you really can put a price on protection, with these you can just drag yourself over things, honestly though for the price of those skids, i made mine myself just my $.02

Is a bored throttle body that goes from the stock 52mm to 58mm worth $200? Would I notice a difference or did you if anyone has one?

I HAD a lock-rite in my D30....never heard so much as a peep from it, but then, im running a fairly obnoxious flowmaster so it probably made a little bit of noise, i just never heard it.

In 2WD, it was invisible....never even knew it was there. In 4WD though, the traction was unbeatable. It had your typical locker quirks(wheel always wants to go straight, slight loss of turning radius under power, etc) but i was happy with it.

get it, you'll love it, but dont put it in a rear axle. for a rear go with a no slip. made by powertrax, also a locker but just a lot better on road manners.

Back