• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2003 Events and a trip through the "Spanking Machine&qu

woody

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Memorial Lifetime Member
Hi folks,

I realize we have the election to get through presently, but once things settle in, please think about the following topics:

2003 Event(s) - I am putting together an article about [color=red:7b731249d5]NAXJA[/color:7b731249d5] to the 'UFWDA Voice' and other national 4x4 mags, I would like to add as many "firm" event dates to the list as possible. My deadline for completion is mid-December, one month away... It's NOT THAT DIFFICULT to pick a date / location and MAKE IT HAPPEN!

[color=red:7b731249d5]NAXJA[/color:7b731249d5] Newsletter- We all have suffered from the lack of content for the Newsletter. This is one of the few ways we have to reach our fellow Members and other interested people beyond the web, and I feel there is a big opportunity being lost through the lack of Chapter participation. The deadline for the Winter Edition is 1/1/03 IIRC, Please forward any articles to [email protected] or [email protected]

It would seem to me that IF a Chapter wanted to grow and be a benefit to [color=red:7b731249d5]NAXJA[/color:7b731249d5], the VERY LEAST the Members could do is conduct ongoing activities that might attract new members. How many of you have carried copies of our Newsletter to your local shops or handed them (or Membership Applications) out to other XJ folks you meet on the trail?

IMHO one of the key measurements of the success of a chapter is how many new members it has attracted/old members it has influenced to renew. A chapter must offer value to the club as a whole to continue to enjoy the resources all the [color=red:7b731249d5]NAXJA[/color:7b731249d5] Members provide. As a Chapter grows and becomes successful, at some point it might be expected that a chapter BECOME SELF SUPPORTING in terms of the website and it's forum. This can come about through sponsorships (local businesses) or holding fund-raising activities. Simply keeping a continual stream of revenue coming into the [color=red:7b731249d5]NAXJA[/color:7b731249d5] Treasury through new memberships and renewals is a great start, but I 'd like folks to try to look at the bigger picture and get creative.

I challenge YOU ALL to consider what you can do to continually help your Chapter be successful and a benefit to our Club. We have a great thing going with [color=red:7b731249d5]NAXJA[/color:7b731249d5], and I hope you will join the team in keeping us moving forward in a positive direction.

Thanks for reading this, and I'll put my soapbox up for now :)

Don "Woody" Woodward
[color=red:7b731249d5]NAXJA[/color:7b731249d5] Recorder / Membership Chairman / Life Member
[email protected]
910-948-4571

Back