• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rockkrawler project question

oopsbilly

NAXJA Forum User
Just interested to know if anyone has any of the RockKrawler lifts and any comments to give, good or bad. I am especially interested in the 6.5. And please, only answer if you ACTUALLY have one. I have too many people trying to sell me stuff as it is, I dont need more vendors here too. Thanx.

well i thought about whether i should post to this or not since im sort of a vendor but figured i would post any.

Currently i am running rk's long arm kit and absolutely love them. They ride like a dream and flex like crazy. I couldn't be any happier with my purchase.
I am currently upgrading to all rk components by saturday of next week so keep your eyes open for that write up.

If you need any information let me know

Matt

its a miracle what the words "Rock Crawler" will get you from the frigin search box.why don't you try it.there is a RK thread on this forum about once a week

Wil Badger said:
its a miracle what the words "Rock Crawler" will get you from the frigin search box.why don't you try it.there is a RK thread on this forum about once a week

So does your smart ass post imply that you have a RK lift?
Or you can’t read "And please, only answer if you ACTUALLY have one"
Just posting “search" is rude and not welcome

Oh,oopsbilly
my friend just bought a RK lift kit and it looks to be of top quality we plan to install it next week

The 6.5 in rockkrawler is good stuff... One of the XJs we run has the 8 inch LA kit from Clayton who uses rock krawler coils and leaves... Couldn't be happier... so flexy, spring wrap could be a problem without antiwrap perches.

This is getting old! Every time I see a RK related post, I know two users who you can count on to post.

I have the 6.5" RK kit it's a nice kit. But haven't had it long enough to comment on performance or durability.

lol, thanx for the support guys. And yes i did read ALL of the posts previously, and like i said, only if you have one. Everyone has an opinion of whats good and whats not, but i'm looking for real life testimonials, not what your brothers roomate's buddy says about it.

I am really interested in the flex and strength of construction. sub standard road ride is of little issue as this is quickly becoming a toy and not a daily driver anymore.

i have the 8 inch , i havent had it out alot yet , a couple of times , waiting for the snow to melt but so far ilike it alot , and actually drives pretty good on the road and for the price and what you get seems liek a decent deal to me .

matt6669 said:
well i thought about whether i should post to this or not since im sort of a vendor but figured i would post any.

Currently i am running rk's long arm kit and absolutely love them. They ride like a dream and flex like crazy. I couldn't be any happier with my purchase.
I am currently upgrading to all rk components by saturday of next week so keep your eyes open for that write up.

If you need any information let me know

Matt

I too am a vendor but will only give my opinion to you.

A: Had the 8" extreme and loved it, currently putting the 7" on my TJ.
B: Not just using the kit since I sell it, had them on my rig long before I started selling for them.
C. They have a lifetime warrenty.
D: I have beat and abused these kits without a breakage yet, busted other stuff off the rig, never there parts though.
E: If I hadnt already owned a couple of there kits, I would still have used it due to the cadillac like ride it gives.
F: Cost effective
G: Uses a true 3 link long arm, I wont bash other kits but what Ive seen and read, when a radious style long arm is used it can inhibit the ride, teraflex still uses a short stock upper arm, cant seem to figure that one out.
H: If you dont use the RK kit, I would suggest the Clayton or TNT kit, all 3 are very similar and of the same quality in my book.
I: With the proper setup, you can tap a 1k on a 30* ramp easily, i say a proper setup meaning shocks that match your lift, adjustable track bar not a drop bracket, etc.

I have recently installed a RK long arm upgrade kit on my 90XJ. I havent however got the "Creation" back on the road yet.. I am impressed with how heavy duty the components are. The Chassis mounting brackets are high quality formed steel. And the Arms themselfs are 1-3/4 solid CR1018 IIRC!! The joints however, I am not sure about. They come with a grease fitting and seem pretty sturdy also. I will post up about on/off road performance once I can drive the damn thing :) Things to think about:

1. Either very long drill bits (5/16 & 1/2) or 90 deg drill. The UCA bracket is just a little too close to the floor board to drill from the outer "frame rail" to the inner, and keep the hole centered and level etc. etc.

2. Buy new grade 10.9 metric bolts and lock nuts for both ends of the LCA. (stock size)

3. Every thing went awsome except removing the stock LCA frame bracket. this was a serious PIA !!

4. I chose the RK track bar as well 1-1/2? solid with heim/bushing having a very strong track bar is very important in this style of front suspension.

Go for it and post up pics man

not to get off topic but to anyone who installs this kit i want pictures hahahha were currently working on getting our new webpage up (slow process but it'll be worth it) and i want all the pictures of the rk setups that i can get.

Like creasy's said, the guy i work with joe, he ran the rk 8 inch coilover kit in his xj for 2 years in nuroc without ever a part breaking. Joe is usually busy fixing other people's truck at the events because everyone else's stuff seems to break except for joe's

Like most people have stated you can't go wrong with this kit. It's top notch quality and cost effective and i use that saying all the time. cadillac ride, its sooo smooth on the road.

Matt

I am about to install my RK 6.5 kit on my XJ tomorrow :)

I already got the long arm brackets welded on and the crossover transfercase painted. So I will be installing all the stuff after I get the 90 degree drill to remove the upper control arm brackets.

Boostn said:
I am about to install my RK 6.5 kit on my XJ tomorrow :)

I already got the long arm brackets welded on and the crossover transfercase painted. So I will be installing all the stuff after I get the 90 degree drill to remove the upper control arm brackets.

I actually have an easy fix for the drilling of the upper arm.

Drill hole "1 doesnt matter which one you chose to do first, mount both the inner and outer bracket in place, bolt it down.

I use a drill bit extension and an enlarging drill bit, that way if its not dead to rights on, it will open the hole enough to give you some adjusting. Make sure you move the fuel and brake lines ot of the way first.

thanx guys, all this is exactly what i was looking for. It will be a few months before i get the kit, need axles first, but i will be sure to post the results and pics. THanx again to everyone who paid attention to the question, it is greatly appreciated.

I have a '00 XJ with the 6.5" RK long arm kit. Believe it or not, it is actually the grey rig they used to develop that kit! It's the same rig on their website.

I've only had this rig for about three months, and wheeled it three times. I love it! Nice and flexible, great ride (although my steering stabilizer is worn out). Only problem I have had with it is last time I wheeled, I bent the crap out of my left front lower control arm bracket. I have since ordered the RK control arm reinforcement brackets. I just received them, and will be installing them shortly.

oopsbilly said:
Just interested to know if anyone has any of the RockKrawler lifts and any comments to give, good or bad. I am especially interested in the 6.5. And please, only answer if you ACTUALLY have one. I have too many people trying to sell me stuff as it is, I dont need more vendors here too. Thanx.

Back