• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

does anyone have...

mylucky24

NAXJA Forum User
Does anyone have any ideas what i can put under my engine to keep all the mudd and stuff out. Sorta like a skid place type thing. Im sorry this is not all to clear. I dont really know all the lingo. if you can help me out thanks.

Ross

Anything you put under there will just make it that much harder to clean that mud and junk out. Mud will always find its way in, even with the factory splash gaurd, mud gets in there.

Rev

I am planning to make a "splash shield" very soon, possibly out of aluminum sheet or maybe rubber mat. Just get some cardboard and make a template, cut a little as you go until it fits, then fasten it with pushpins or something similiar. I am gonna make mine as wide as the "framerails" and start at the lower radiator support loop and go back about halfway under the oilpan. Of course I will have to notch it for the pitman arm and make sure it is unobstructed lock to lock. Yes, it will be harder to clean, but it will reduce the "splash" effect(mud on top of the engine, bottom of hood,etc...). When I get mine done I'll post pics.

The splash gaurd is in the future for me. Had one on a `96 and was nice. Nothing smells as sweet as stagnent swamp mud baking on to hot engine componants. The push pins how ever, wore out and i replaced them with sheet metal screws and large fender washers.

Back