• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

8.25 vs dana 44 u-bolts--dimensions needed for 2" blocks

Big Red

NAXJA Forum User
Does anyone off the top of their heads know the U-bolt dimensions to run 2" blocks on a 8.25? Also where would you get them--Napa, Auto Zone, Kragen etc or do you need to go to a specialty 4x4 place like Rubicon Express? RE is right down the street from me, but I want the best prices possible. I'm swapping rear axles and I plan to run the 2" blocks I have sitting around while I have it apart.

Also the u-bolts would be the same between a XJ dana 44 and 8.25 rear axle right? I think I remember them being the same when I did the swap years ago, but I cannot quite remember for sure.

Troy

C8.25" axle tubes will be 3" diameter while the D44 is 2.75" diameter. You can do the rest of the math or cut overly-long u-bolts down.

got tape measure?

XJ_ranger said:
got tape measure?

Ranger:
Not at the moment...I'm at work, just trying to get the loose ends tied up. While I have the axle out, I just as well could throw a 2" lift on the XJ to help it sell.

Thanks Yucca, I knew they were close. I've made 2.75" work on 3" tubes, but it's not pretty. :)

Troy

Big Red said:
I've made 2.75" work on 3" tubes, but it's not pretty. :)
Done the same...that's why those measurements are now embedded in my brain housing group. ;)

Back