• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

lower control arms 4.5" lift

badbowtie87

NAXJA Forum User
I did a little searching but didnt quite see what i needed. Im gonna try to get another 1.5" out of a 3" lift on a friends 95 cherokee. I was wanting to find out what lengths the LCA's need to be to accomidate. This isnt going to be a hardcore climber or anything, i just want to make sure its safe enough to drive. Im told the LCA's definately need to be changed for a 4.5" lift. I did find a control arm chart when i did a search. It showed the legths vs inches of lift but it never showed anything about where to bend the control arms. Judging by the picture of the LCA's that come with the 4.5 inch rough country lift, they look like they have a slight bend to them. Im just wondering where to put the bend in the tube and how much of a bend. i kinda have an idea on what i need to do but i would rather get advise from someone who has experience with offroad suspentions. My knowledge is mostly limited to drag car suspensions.

rock rash said:
first, you dont NEED a bend.
second, THIS IS NOT ADVANCED FAB!
i agree, mod tech and there you will find the answers you need

Back