• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Gremlin or ?

imma honky

NAXJA Forum User
My new(to me) jeep has worked flawlessly for almost two months. Well, this mornin I went to warm it up like I do EVERY mornin, it didn't crank. Lights, radio and all worked. figured, maybe it was just low.....tried jumping it, still no sound from the starter. Then Itried to start it in N....still nothing. I left it at the house until 12 (roughly 5 hours).... went home, and BOOM, fired right up no problem. Any ideas? Starter wasn't even clicking.

hey dude, same thing happened to me. Just finished puting my front axle back on, drove it home, went to start it an hour later, didn't crank. Sat that way until the next day when I started fiddling with it, it was fruitless and then the tow truck got there, we didn't touch anything, and I went to show the guy and bang, it started, and I felt like a dumbass.

This is what has been suggested as a possible problem, the nuetral safety switch might be getting stuck. Don't think about replacing it, because its $350, and I was at my dealership one time and they said they rarely blow out.

After it started I drove to my mechanic, and went to get back in because he wasn't there, wouldnt start again, my solution, hit the shifter pretty hard forward and then when I tried it again it started, and hasn't happened since.

Sarge said:
Do a search. You can clean it for free.

Sarge

Ya, I would have done this, but it hasn't happened to me again since those 2 days, so I'm not exactly worried about it.

Back