• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

alignment after 1in lift?

dynamite44

NAXJA Forum User
i just got 1in spacers in the mail. i'm going to GWNF this weekend for a little wheeling and i want to know whether i should get an alignment or not after lifting the front 1 inch.
i know its widely reccomended after doing a 2in lift, but is it absolutely necessary after 1 inch? i know it'll be off, that's simple geometry, but will it be off enough for me to worry about?

Absolutely necessary? No. Not, that is, if you don't mind increased tire wear, reduced gas mileage, and degraded handling. Truth is, if you can put up with all the negatives, an alignment isn't "absolutely necessary" after any lift.

It's really a matter of what you want to put up with. I would get the alignment.

yeah, i've got 500$ worth of MTRs on this truck, so i'll probably throw down the 60$ to get it aligned.

yes, i put the dollar sign after the number because that's how its said.

haha I would do it always after removing a coil or any major part of front suspension, especially since you got the new tires. IM sure if you cant do it until you get back it work ruin anything, but if the wheel is pulling to one side or isnt straight get it done

Back