• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need Map

Bent

Only Marble Sharp
NAXJA Member
Does anybody know where I might find a selection of USFS maps kind of local. Inland Empere area. I would rather not have the BLM, way to much on them. They're good, but I prefer to avoid information overload. What I'm looking for is western Sierra and North as far as Shasta. I already have the Inyo NF.

Thanks!

Tim

PS I waited too long to do tha mail order thing.

Get the "National Geographic Topo!" software. for 100 bucks you will get EVERY 7.5 minute map for the entire state of Californa. That is something like 1000 maps, if you buy them one at a time it will cost you $8 a map. That adds up quickly. With Topo!, you print out the maps you need before you leave, or if you have a laptop yo ucan hook your GPS up and never be lost again.

Here's a sample of a map I printed out near my house:

orig.jpg

T Bent said:
Does anybody know where I might find a selection of USFS maps kind of local. Inland Empere area. I would rather not have the BLM, way to much on them. They're good, but I prefer to avoid information overload. What I'm looking for is western Sierra and North as far as Shasta. I already have the Inyo NF.

Thanks!

Tim

PS I waited too long to do tha mail order thing.

Most good sporting supply stores have them, like REI or Sport Chalet.

Back