• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Half Leaf?

BlueCuda

NAXJA Forum User
Has anyone used just a half short leaf in the rear to help reduce axle wrap and get just a small amount of lift from it?

I have a set of RE 4.5" springs with the short leaf removed. The rear sits just a little low and I am worried if I put the short leaf in I will be sitting to high. If this is the case I was thinking of putting in a half leaf. Just looking for info...thanks!

I am needing about an inch and a half in the rear and I'm planning on using my stock leafs to do this instead of lift blocks. I'm in the process of cutting them up and putting the pack in to make a sort of bastard pack. The stock pack is 1" thick exactaly, but the problem I ran into is that even though they are stock and crappy, they still act like an add a leaf and give more than desired. I'm still playing around with them and will let you know more later.

Funny, I just got new packs yesterday from Deaver, and that's how they built them to deal with axle wrap. The pic kinda shows the half leaf.

These replaced my 10 year old custom leafs (also by Deaver), so I can't say what effect on ride height that half leaf would have. In the past, I've had them tweak my old pack to get another 2" and they shoved in a full leaf and re-arched leafs to get it right. These guys are only 10 minutes from my house, so I'm kinda spoiled by using them a few times. Goatman seems to be the DIY bastard pack king - maybe he'll chime in.

If you have the time and enjoy experimenting, I say go for it and let us know how it works out. Or, search for a spring shop near you that will re-build your RE packs for around $100-150.

r7ndcz.jpg

Back