• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hella 500 driving or fog?

shortxjdoug

NAXJA Forum User
ok stupid question but i don't have cash to burn so i wanna make sure it gets spent right, anyone have experience with both the hella 500 driving and fog lights? they are going on the front bumper and i want some serious far reaching light but will the driving beam be wide enough to be useful when going slow (read trailriding at night)?

neither the driving light and fog light will fit both of your desires. If you are wanting both I would get driving for the bumper and put fogs across the top. In most states it is against the law to run rooflights onroad, so the fogs on top could be used OFFROAD only, while the driving lights on the front bumper could be used for ONROAD, as well as off.

If you want "far reaching" then you need the driving lights. They won't light things up as widely right in front of you for off-roading, but they'll help some. If you want both far reaching and wide and low in front then you need two sets of lights.

my friend has the driving lighs on his tj by the bottom of his windshield. they are great and im jealous cuz i didnt get that far. if could only spend the money on one pair id buy the driving over the fog (he has those 2) . just turn them off when u see another car. thats just me. hope thishelps...

Back