• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Winch mounting

homebrew

NAXJA Forum User
Ok I am going to try and ask this question without confusing myself.

I just obtained a winch mount off of a Hummer. It appears that it will bolt directly to the 4 bolts that hold the inner brackets of the after market towhook brackets to the frame. I am wondering if these bolts tied in with the tow hook brackets will be stong enough to effectivly mount a winch. It is kinda the same concept as the Ramsey hidden winch, but instead of bolting to the sides of the frame rails it bolts to the front. TIA for your help

the answer is yes?
I dunno you confused the hell outta me.
Are you asking if aftermarket tow hook mounts are strong enough to support a winch pulling? Id say yes IF they tied into the steering box bolts

Let me know if this link works.

615733390107_0_ALB.jpg

http://images.kodakgallery.com/photos1815/1/90/33/73/15/6/615733390107_0_ALB.jpg

What I am thinking, is using the 2 bolts on either side to mount the plate. So the plate itself would only use 4 bolts to attach, but each bracket uses 4 bolts to attach to the frame. If the link doesnt work I can email pictures. Your help is really appreciated

Last edited:
i wouldn't suggest using just those 4 bolts.now could you make something to work along with those 4 bolts yes you could .

Back