• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

stupid shackle question

JoesXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I have a RE 3.5" lift with rear leafs, works/looks great, but due to weight on top (spare tire/Jerry Cans) and in the back of my jeep, my rear is sagging a little. I'm thinking of installing RE 1.25" lift shackles. My question is, by doing so, will I make the drive shaft angle worse or will it help? Do I need to adjust the leafs or anything else when installing these?

Thanks!
- Joe

joe_boatwright said:
I have a RE 3.5" lift with rear leafs, works/looks great, but due to weight on top (spare tire/Jerry Cans) and in the back of my jeep, my rear is sagging a little. I'm thinking of installing RE 1.25" lift shackles. My question is, by doing so, will I make the drive shaft angle worse or will it help? Do I need to adjust the leafs or anything else when installing these?

Thanks!
- Joe

I don't know if it's worse or better in your case, but installing the shackles will raise the rear pinion angle, just like if you would add shims under the leafs..

How much it changes you would have to measure before and after, but it will tilt the pinion up somewhat.

Last edited:
Back