• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Any Ca. Contractors?

Bent

Only Marble Sharp
NAXJA Member
Who do you have your bond with? The last company I had mine with went belly up. The time has come to reactivate my license, keep the ducks in a row, as it were. Rather than close my eyes and point into the phone book (last time) I'd try and get some input. I know that most of the time, the extent of interaction is sending them a check every two years. Anybody got anything?

Thanks,

TIM

Bent said:
Who do you have your bond with? The last company I had mine with went belly up. The time has come to reactivate my license, keep the ducks in a row, as it were. Rather than close my eyes and point into the phone book (last time) I'd try and get some input. I know that most of the time, the extent of interaction is sending them a check every two years. Anybody got anything?

Thanks,

TIM
We use Construction Services (www.csia.com) and have for the last 20 years. We're required to have a $10,000 bond, and our last renewal cost $163 for two years. We've never had to use it (thankfully) I don't know how big of a bond your field requires but this should give you an idea... BTW, you want to work on your junk this weekend? -Dan

Tim,
I have used, Surety Company of the Pacific. Two years = $163/$10,000 bond. Like Dan, I hav'nt had to use them(knock on wood). Good Luck,
Ken

I have also used surety company of the pacific for 12 yrs now.
reasonable rates and no problems.
John McHorney

Gentlemen,
Thanks for the input. Construction Services with their 20 years sounds the most appealing. Having to get a new bond mid term is a PITA, not to mention money down the tubes. Now if I can just get CSLB to move faster than a glacier, I'll be a happy (busy) camper. Once the renewal is taken care of, I think that I'll go ahead and schedule a test for an additional classification. Its always good to have at least one thing there is no way in hell that you'll ever use.

:paperwork

TIM

Another vote for Surety Co. of the Pacific.

Kyung

I ended up going with Surity Company of the Pacific.

I got my active license card (C-5; C-6)in the mail today.

party1:

Thanks again for the input.

TIM

Bent said:
I ended up going with Surity Company of the Pacific.

I got my active license card (C-5; C-6)in the mail today.

party1:

Thanks again for the input.

TIM
Congrats!

Kyung

Back