• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Liftgate lock fell out!

Dark93

NAXJA Forum User
My 93 used to have a lock for the rear door. I guess the stress of the occasional creek session has taken it's toll on my fiberglass door. The lock fell out completely! The fbrgls around the "hole" is cracked pretty good. I have been told this is not repairable because the fiberglass they used has been pressure treated, cannot use fiberglass repair kit.(jeep house) The door is expensive and I really don't want to fork over the $. I want to keep my belongings and be able to access the door. Is there a fix for this? If anyone knows it's you guys.

Last edited:
Dark93 said:
My 93 used to have a lock for the rear door. I guess the stress of the occasional creek session has taken it's toll on my fiberglass door. The lock fell out completely! The fbrgls around the "hole" is cracked pretty good. I have been told this is not repairable because the fiberglass they used has been pressure treated, cannot use fiberglass repair kit.(jeep house) The door is expensive and I really don't want to fork over the $. I want to keep my belongings and be able to access the door. Is there a fix for this? If anyone knows it's you guys.
Get a marine fiberglass repair kit and fixe it, no big deal.

Back