• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Parking Lamp Fuse Keeps Blowing, Where To Look First?

Mich88XJ

NAXJA Forum User
So last night my gauge lights went out, turns out the fuse for the parking lights blew. Tossed a new one in, started the Jeep, turned on parking lights, still was okay (IDK if the lights came on) as soon as I turned on headlights it blew. Headlights are working. Turned Jeep off, put in a 15A fuse, as soon as I turned on the parking lights it blew. Any idea where to start looking first?

Mich88XJ said:
So last night my gauge lights went out, turns out the fuse for the parking lights blew. Tossed a new one in, started the Jeep, turned on parking lights, still was okay (IDK if the lights came on) as soon as I turned on headlights it blew. Headlights are working. Turned Jeep off, put in a 15A fuse, as soon as I turned on the parking lights it blew. Any idea where to start looking first?
You can unplug all the lights on the back end behind the spare tire.
That should tell you which end to start looking.

Disconnected the trailer hitch wiring, and it didn't do anything, gotta figure out a way to the store to get more fuses to keep checking, the flex joint is fine, no wires worn through or anything like that. Thanks for the help!

Mich88XJ said:
Disconnected the trailer hitch wiring, and it didn't do anything, gotta figure out a way to the store to get more fuses to keep checking, the flex joint is fine, no wires worn through or anything like that. Thanks for the help!
It did do something, know you know the troubles in the front.
Look for burnt wires on the light switch.

There is a joint under the carpet on the driver's side near the front. If you unplug that and it STILL blows the fuse, then the headlight switch is the likely cause. PS: A circuit breaker may be a wise investment!

Back