• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Spring perch angle?

AKswampheep

NAXJA Forum User
Ok i have rustys 6.5 inch leafs and i have 2 inch lift perches, i wrapped up my old perches so i need to weld these new ones on, i was wondering about what angle i would have to weld these new perches on to get the right angle. I dont have a rear d-shaft yet because of longarm$ and brake lines come first.

I'm in the process of installing Rusty's leafs so I can get rid of the 2" blocks and have a full suspension lift instead of 3" springs with blocks. I noticed really bad axle wrap with the 2" blocks. I'm going with 4 deg. shims, I'll let you know what kind of angle it gives me when I'm done. I'll be done in probably another hour or two.

I know you didn't ask about the blocks, but I can't reply without telling you they're VERY unpopular around here...

That said, if you're set on using em, I think you'll have to mock it up under your jeep to get the angles right. There's just too many variables for anyone to tell you what you'll need.

Put jackstands under the leafsprings, so the springs compress. Roll your axle underneath and lift it into place with a floor jack, with the spring pads wedged in place. Check your pinion-to-tailshaft alignment, adjust and repeat.

When you get the angle you want, mark the position of the pads, or just tack em into place...

hth

Robert

Back