• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Sway bar links

stevebigred

NAXJA Forum User
Ive got a 93 xj and its got a 3 inch lift but im missing my sway bar and everything that goes along with it in the front and i looked at local part stores and nobody can get me anything .im gonna go to the junk yard for the sway bar but i have no clue where to go to get the swaybar links if anybody can help me out i would appreciate it
steve

If you use your rig to wheel at all (with a 3 inch lift it sounds like you might) you may want to just look at getting a set of disconnects. They replace the links, so you wouldn't have to worry about finding them. Plus, when you go to hit a trail you can just disconnect them and have your front flex back.

No way....eff that. Too much dough...unless you have lots to waste. Go to the yard and get the front swaybar and all the mounting BS. I busted one of my links when I was installing my lift. I knew they were going to be too short anyway. When I went to the yard to look for one I found that on some models they were shorter than even my stock length one was. I found a donor with the same ones, pulled it so now I had 2 stock ones in good shape. Went home, cut them in half and used some pipe to sleeve them with. Had a buddy weld them up and then made those into quick disconnect with some Home Depot pins and such. Spend 150ish on quick disconnects or make your own for a lot less? You're already going to the yard so might as well grab the links as well. I've been using mine for over a year now and they work great. I can take them off just as fast as anyone with JKS ones. Food for thought.

If you want pics...lemme know.

Yeah, that is the downside to buying the disco's, they cost way too much. I had planned on doing exactly what you mentioned riverfever, but was surprised with some JKS's as a Christmas present and love them now. I've changed my height once already with them and will be again within a couple months, so having that ease of adjustability is nice.

That being said, why can't you just grab the links off the same vehicle you grab the bar off of and do what riverfever described? You can even take it one step more and replace the top nut on the link with a wingnut and make the link completely removable.

Edit: Just found my notes on it. For the parts to make the bottom disconnect, all you need is a 7/16ths by 2 1/2" hitch pin with a 5/32nds cotter pin for each side. Rubber washers would help to get rid off rattles and movement in the components. I had priced them up at the local hardware store for less than $8 for all of parts.

Last edited:
Yeah...if I'd gotten JKS as a present I wouldn't have been wasting time messing with mine. They are nice when you decided to go higher I bet.

Back