• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Help Please, Just finished lift RK rear coilover... now I need advice!

tompatjr

NAXJA Forum User
I finally got it done, got the RK four link installed and replaced the D35 with a D44 from a donor XJ.

Question is can I drive it without a SYE? with 6.5" lift the pinion more or less points at the transfer case although I have some fine tuning to do IE an alingment.

The yoke seem to be engaging the splines in the tail housing about where they were stock, it is out about a 1/2 inch from were they normally were. I guess the D44 is a little longer than the D35 in the pinion, but I haven't measured Yet!

Also, What do I do about the parking brake? the cables will fit but if the rear flexs it going to pull them apart.

Measure the amount the slipyoke is on the outside & then unbolt it & pull it out & measure full length. If you have at least have or slightly less that goes in, than you should be good there. As far as needing an SYE to eliminate vib's, probably so but you won't know 'till you drive it & see. Some do & some don't but more than likely, yes! Hope this helps ya'.

Just to entertain me, can you post pics of the finished install?

lil' XJ said:
Measure the amount the slipyoke is on the outside & then unbolt it & pull it out & measure full length. If you have at least have or slightly less that goes in, than you should be good there. As far as needing an SYE to eliminate vib's, probably so but you won't know 'till you drive it & see. Some do & some don't but more than likely, yes! Hope this helps ya'.

I have a SYE siting in a box, already. I more or less need to just move the Jeep around and maybe drive it to the alingment shop and then home.

It's only temporary! I just don't want anything to happen. Like the drive shaft falling out going down the highway, or bottoming out on the tail shaft.

tompatjr said:
I have a SYE siting in a box, already. I more or less need to just move the Jeep around and maybe drive it to the alingment shop and then home.

It's only temporary! I just don't want anything to happen. Like the drive shaft falling out going down the highway, or bottoming out on the tail shaft.

How about those pictures ;)

Back