• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

44 from a waggy

skog

NAXJA Forum User
I found a 44 from a waggy for 350. will it bolt in w/o any mods? is this the same 44 that was found in a XJ as far as housing an sshafts go? is that a good price for it? I dont know the milage or condition but they guy at the yards says they just pulled it and all the bearings are good.

thanks
skog

nevermind the "bolt-on" issue......the fabrication necessary is easy enough, you'll easily be able to outsource the minimal welding (joke there for the taking hinkley).....spring perches and shock mounts can be purchased from re.....if you can supply the axle "cleaning" you'll be ahead of the game.

HTH

Is this a front or a rear 44? $350 is awfully steep for any waggy 44, front or rear. Around here, they go for $100 at pick and pull.

Waggy 44's have a different bolt pattern, different width, and the spring perches are in different places.

This is NOT an XJ 44........

CRASH

The rear waggy 44 spring purches are in the same location as the stock XJs. Other then that, they are not the same. They run $200 max around here.

I think its 1" narrower perch to perch, I could be wrong but I got one a few weeks b4 I found my XJ 44. The Waggy 44 cost me 50 bucks.

I am not sure but i am going to guess and say it is the XJ wagoneer.but that is not a very solid guess. i called and asked the guy if they had any rear D44 for a cherokee and he said they had one with 3.54 gears from a waggy. i asked how much and milage he said he didnt know the milage but they wanted 350 + exchange. i asked if is was in decent shape and he said we just pulled it a week ago and it felt like all the bearings were good but he hasnt pulled the cover yet.

skog

If he said "Waggy" he pobably meant a fullsize. I sold an entire fullsize waggy with dual 44s and a 360 for 120 dollars, you can find a better deal.

$350 for an XJ 44 is not a bad deal, but when people say "Waggy" that means fullsize Jeeps.

CRASH

Beezil said:
nevermind the "bolt-on" issue......the fabrication necessary is easy enough, you'll easily be able to outsource the minimal welding (joke there for the taking hinkley).....spring perches and shock mounts can be purchased from re.....if you can supply the axle "cleaning" you'll be ahead of the game.

HTH

Yup Beezil's mom could come over and lay down a bead for ya. Not sure how long it would last but...

CRASH said:
$350 for an XJ 44 is not a bad deal, but when people say "Waggy" that means fullsize Jeeps.

CRASH

Not neccessarily Crash. When Jeep folk say "Waggy" they mean fullsize. When junkyards or non- Jeep folk say waggy you never know what the hell their talking about. I've been shopping for a full-size waggy for about a month on the web and in mid-western traders. More than once I've called about the wagoneer that is an XJ. Look on ebay, if you go to the Waggoneer specific pages there is often XJ wagoneers posted there as well. Please stop posting SPOBI.

Skog,

Ask the dude if it is a full-size or a mid size. Get the specifics or go take a look at it. Crash was actually correct about one thing, if it's an XJ it's not a bad deal for $350.

Flowers

Not neccessarily Crash. When Jeep folk say "Waggy" they mean fullsize. When junkyards or non- Jeep folk say waggy you never know what the hell their talking about. I've been shopping for a full-size waggy for about a month on the web and in mid-western traders. More than once I've called about the wagoneer that is an XJ. Look on ebay, if you go to the Waggoneer specific pages there is often XJ wagoneers posted there as well. Please stop posting SPOBI.

There are Jeeps in the mid-west? Why?

CRASH

Your right Crack. Why would I want live in the middle of the United States so I can access all of the trails around me from the West to the East when I could live in California and run the same trails over and over.

Moving to California sale:

98 XJ's, qty. (2), One stock (<50,000 mi.) One modified (90,000 mi.)
87 MJ Needs transfer case
88XJ 2- door Chopped top
88 Sami exc. cond.
Misc. axles and other parts
2 BR. 1.5 bath, Ranch style home on 8 acres, 2 car garage, 3500 ft.2 shop, 1/2 acre pond, chicken coop (chickens not included).
Reputable Landscape company with repeat customers.

No reasonable offers denied!

Job opening: Golf Course Supt. needed at Effingham Country Club. Salary commensurate on experience.

How are the politics out there in CA?

Flowers

xxxj-va said:
I think its 1" narrower perch to perch, I could be wrong but I got one a few weeks b4 I found my XJ 44. The Waggy 44 cost me 50 bucks.

Nope, they are exactly the same as the stock XJ perch to perch.

The Peoples Republic? We're doing great.

No job, no home, no citizenship? No Problem!

CRASH

I got a d44 out of a xj Wagoneer Limited for $150 at Rocky's near Portage WI. Do not Know the mileage or year because the engine compartment and instrument panel were buned out. Have not had time to tear into it yet to acces condition.

How much wider is a rear waggy 44? My brother needs something to replace his dana turdie5 real bad as it has gear wind so bad you can't hear music:D, and the darn dealership set that one up:confused: . So please answer my question.--Kyle

there are two different width waggy's i believe narrow track and wide track.. however the width isnt your biggest issue.. the bolt pattern is.. its 5 on 5.5 is he going to want to carry two spares?

Back