• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

best place to buy gears in so cal

xDUMPTRUCKx

NAXJA Forum User
i need some 4.88s for the MJ 44 i got in my 89 XJ, so far ive got 4west, kar tek, and 4wheel parts as the only places i know of, anyone else have a better spot in mind?

also am i gonna need a new carrier? i really need to throw on my 36' TSL SXs someday soon, and the stock gears and 33s aint too great.

try rawbrown

Him and Complete off Road. That is where I recently got my set. 389 front and rear...

whos rawbrown? i kinda wanted to get them this weekend, man this sucks, i dont have much time cause im the marine corps so all i have are weekends and for some reason i thought 4x4 shops normally stock gear but im finding them hard to find!

xXJx said:
whos rawbrown?
Ryan is in the San Diego area
rawbrown.com will show his phone#

called left a message......

jeeze man this sucks, ive been qouted $1500 for the r&p installed at a local shop, and 4wheel parts charged $350 for the install, man this blows, im about to say screw it and install myself, anyone got any other ideas on how to get a cheap r&p install done?

xXJx said:

jeeze man this sucks, ive been qouted $1500 for the r&p installed at a local shop, and 4wheel parts charged $350 for the install, man this blows, im about to say screw it and install myself, anyone got any other ideas on how to get a cheap r&p install done?

RAWBROWN! If you want to DIY, he will help you.

well i left a message i hope he helps me out man cause im in a big time bind.

Picked a bad weekend to be in a hurry.
A lot of guys are at Tierra del Sol this weekend - you might not get a callback for a couple days.

thanks guys rawborwn sounds like the man for the job hes a cool guy too.

xXJx said:

Was that 350 for front and rear install? If it was you should have treated him better than all your navy girlfriends.

OFF TOPIC..................:angel:
jonboy said:
A lot of guys are at Tierra del Sol this weekend
man....Cal4wheel events are one of the few things I miss about SoCal. TDS was a BLAST. They still doing the line up at midnight?? That was just dangerous! I'm jealous......but alteast I got to experience it! Some never do/will.....:sunshine:
ps. jonboy I dig your avatar.

I've bought from these guys before http://drivetraindirect.com/ quality gears (Superior) and fairly close to you (Corona) they have good package deals and monthly specials and they do installs as well.........Hans

Last edited:
uhm, no I'm not...:viking:
Yucca-Man said:
Rawbrown is a board member - PM him for what you need.

NAXJA needs a few more smiley's... like one getting bent over, maybe one thats a jar of vasoline...
yeah, I don't really wish I was at TDS... to many horror stories, I like smaller events. I don't get out much though. my only must attend of the year is this www.socalxj.com only 2 more weeks till its hammers time!
xXJx said:

Not 'board member' as in "Member of the NAXJA Board of Directors" but rather intended as "his name's in red"

Back