• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Glasspack Problems

Centrevillemx

NAXJA Forum User
I have heard that glasspacks blowout too quickly and need often replacement. Is this true? These seem to give me what I want (Throaty Sound and More Power) for the best Bang for the Buck. Have you guys had any Problems with them?

Other than the fact that they sound like crap?? Nope, had mine on for 1 year before i could not take it anymore. During that time they it up just fine.

Rev

Years ago I had a Thrush on a Rambler American. It lasted for a long time but the can rusted through. The Cherry Bomb type with the swedged (swaged???) end has a much heavier case than the old Thrush with crimped end caps.

The nice thing about glass packs is that they're small, and not too expensive if you tend to beat up mufflers on the trail.

I am very happy with mine, sounds fine, not too loud, stands up much better to a beating on the trail and I have had no signs that it shouldnt last many years to come.

Michael

I like mine, been there 3 years. if the packing blew out it was so slow I didn't notice. still sounds better than a strait pipe. So go for it they're great, just be for sure you want it loud!

For the ultimate in recycling...

My father had a 1994 dodge spirit with the 3.0 in it.
didn't go as fast as the 1969 Impala...

He put a borla cat back on it...

I took the stainless steel "resonator"(looks a hell of a lot like a glasspack to me, minus the packing hehehe) and welded that to replace the rusted out Pep boys POS. This one is tucked up nice and tight to the floor pan

It's loud and annoying when you want it to be.

downshifting into 2nd at 60 mph really makes a racket.

my buddy runs a glasspack and he loves it.... he used to have a turbo muffler he says its a major inprovement.

Back