• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fuel tank filler hole question?

Incredible Hulk

NAXJA Forum User
I am planning on moving my gas tank up into the bed. Just cutting a hole in the bed section, dropping in teh stock skid, and just moving up the lines. Building a basic box around it, calling it good. Just gaining some clearance. Fill hole is the quesiton. Obviously cant run it to the same spot anymore, so I need to do something different. I found these made by JAZ, but I have no idea what hte mount pattern on my tank is. Anyone know off hand? These are designed to fit onto 6 bolt pattern fuel cells. Just gotta figure out what my stock XJ tank is...
390-251-03.jpg

Incredible Hulk said:
I am planning on moving my gas tank up into the bed. Just cutting a hole in the bed section, dropping in teh stock skid, and just moving up the lines. Building a basic box around it, calling it good. Just gaining some clearance. Fill hole is the quesiton. Obviously cant run it to the same spot anymore, so I need to do something different. I found these made by JAZ, but I have no idea what hte mount pattern on my tank is. Anyone know off hand? These are designed to fit onto 6 bolt pattern fuel cells. Just gotta figure out what my stock XJ tank is...
390-251-03.jpg

why make it difficult use the stock setup you have no bolt pattern on your fuel tank.

the stub is welded on and attached with a length of rubber hose, those are only designed for afterrrmarket tanks, 99% of stock tanks dont bolt on

Incredible Hulk said:
So youa re saying I should just reroute the rubber hose then?
j

I guess Im wondering why go to al the trouble of moving it in the frst place? and yes figure a way to use the stock one if you are gonna go through with it

Seems like an awful lot of work for an extra 2" ground clearance, if even that. Most people don't go straight over large pointy rocks, or maybe just me? You could just do a skid plate. Saves the trouble and you can glide your rig across a rock all day long.

GrayT said:
Seems like an awful lot of work for an extra 2" ground clearance, if even that. Most people don't go straight over large pointy rocks, or maybe just me? You could just do a skid plate. Saves the trouble and you can glide your rig across a rock all day long.

x2

GrayT said:

Well, I'll probably be doing it due to a few more inches clearance needed for a wheelbase stretch. A skidplate wouldn't help that really.

Back