• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

3" lift and got some questoins :)

mylucky24

NAXJA Forum User
I am aiming for around 3" lift but i wont it to sit level. Im going to put a Rustys 3" ADL. Will this kit make my jeep sit level or do i need some more lift in the rear? or the Front? heellllpppp!
Thanks,
Ross

Wow...ok...by ADL do you mean Add A Leaf? I'd do full leafs instead of AAL but that's a different issue. Each Jeep is different and no one will be able to tell you, matter of factly, if it will sit even....it probably wont. You will probably need to play with things a bit to get it where you want. It took me months to get it where I was pretty happy. I installed .75" spacers. Mine still sits a bit high in the back when I'm low on gas. I like it that way b/c when I have a bunch of gear in it (a lot of the time) it sits even. HTH.

Thats what I've got and it sits about right. I installed it over x-mas break and the back end still sits about 1/2" higher than the front.

I've got the Rusty's 3 inch leaf pack kit under mine and had to add 1 1/2 inch spacers to level it out. I think the front coils may be settling a bit more, irritating to say the least. Go with the heavier spring rate in my opinion. My actual lift worked out more like 4 1/2 inches. I would be more than happy with that, but it makes my need for an SYE that much more urgent, exactly why I originally wanted a 3 inch kit instead of 4 1/2. Mine is a 99 model. Pics here: http://www.ilovejeeps.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16950&highlight=finally+done

Back