• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cheapest place to buy Bilsteins?

JohnX

Sarge
NAXJA Member
Looking for some 5150's for the front. Anyone find a better price than $99.50?

Specifically the 11.5 inch travel models... BF5-A197-H0

Thanks,

X2, that's where i got mine, rusty's is $89, but you still have to pay shipping.
xjwest said:
shockwarehouse.com, 99 with free shipping

Shockwarehouse (BF5-A197-H0 11.50 170/60 27.99 16.50 $105.95 )

I would go Rusty's. My 2, 5150's with shipping to CA was less than shockwarehouse without shipping.

Not sure what your suspension set up is but the 170/60 valving is pretty soft. I went with the 255/70 with rockcrawler springs and it rides great and very little body roll on and off road.

ebay, shockwarehouse...$99 SHIPPED.

ah, good ol ebay

Just ordered them from Rustys, the shipping equaled out to what the others charge, so nobody wins...but I get to tell the wife they were $10 cheaper :)

As for being too soft, I don't think it will be a problem with MY style of off road....I don't hit anything very hard, and I'm always going slow. I mostly just wanted something that will ride like a Lincoln on the highway and still have some extra flex available now and then.

Thanks for the help.

JohnX said:
...but I get to tell the wife they were $10 cheaper :)

:roflmao:

Wanna bet?

I to support rustys for best deal. I got 4 5150 shocks and a 48 in Hi-lift delivered for $404.00. Could not find a better deal.

JohnX said:
Just ordered them from Rustys, the shipping equaled out to what the others charge, so nobody wins...but I get to tell the wife they were $10 cheaper :)

As for being too soft, I don't think it will be a problem with MY style of off road....I don't hit anything very hard, and I'm always going slow. I mostly just wanted something that will ride like a Lincoln on the highway and still have some extra flex available now and then.

Thanks for the help.

The 170/60 valving is meant for dual shock setups, it will be very soft for a single shock setup. The 255/70 is a very good valving, and definitely recommended.

Back