• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Renix ECM part numbers

AJPulley

NAXJA Forum User
I have some information now. Hope this helps someone in the future. I have an '87 with a manual transmission, ECM part number 53005025, I'll use as an example.

I finally spoke with a Technician who worked for AMC and Chrysler on the 87-90 Jeeps. He is now a Jeep Parts Manager. According to him, there is no logic behind the part numbers other than, to his knowledge, ATs' ECMs ended in an even number and M/Ts' ECMs ended in an odd. He told me as issues came about, (my ECM part number had some drivability issues) new ECMs were updated and were given a new part number. Those ending in 5226, 5407, 5429 and 7843 are the replacements for 5025. The later is preferred and was used through the '90 model. The former part numbers were used only in '87-88 models.

A jeep parts department may have cross reference material available to the technicians. As of this date, according to the Parts Manager's system, there aren't many Chrysler remanufactured ECMs (for my application) left in the country.

Langer1 gave me this URL for after-market ECMs.

Or, you may try finding a used one through this URL shown me by Grizzley.

Here is some more info.

If you are or were a tech, feel free to add to this information. If you have replaced yours with another one that works and has passed the emissions testing of your state, if applicable, please post the original and replacement ECM part number, the model year and M/T or A/T. Unfortunately, those of us who have mandated emissions testing, must adhere to the minimum levels and therefore need a replacement ECM that is known to run as clean as possible.

Last edited:
Back