• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Crank Sensor Keeps Blowing

digitalt

NAXJA Forum User
96 Grand Cherokee 4.0

Great forum with tons of info, but I still can't find why the Crank sensor keeps blowing.

It started as a multiple misfire and I have replaced EVERY sensor and the PCM and it always goes back to the Crank Sensor blowing. I checked the wiring for continuity and that's okay.

The last thing to be replaced was the O2 sensors because it had a miss on warmup going from open loop to closed loop--right at the point of being totally warm it would misfire.

I reset the computer to Quick Learn and drove it from dead cold and it ran great. My wife got in it to come home from work tonight and it barely started and ended up being another crank sensor--going on #5.

Got any ideas where to put the C4?

Thanks in advance.

I was thinking along those lines last night. I decided my next step was to pull the inspection plate and check the flywheel. I'll check the bolts first though. Makes sense.

Thanks

Another possibilty is the connector is bad and not the sensor! There is a wire harness and CPS kit for some years due to this issue.

Back