• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bastard pack opinions...

rredalty

NAXJA Forum User
Well as we were up at a local place to go play if you get bored we were having a good time but it was time to go. We are on our way out and all of a sudden "Hey, what is that down there?" It was an older Blazer, 1993 4 x 4 to be exact. What could I use off of it I ask myself. "Holy shit, Chris get out and go get in it and I'll hook it up and pull it out of the woods. I want those rear leaves!!!" So we hook it up and yank it out. It is already missing all the windows, front clip and doors so I figure they obviously won't miss the leaves. After closer inspection we come to the realization that there are no VIN numbers on it and it has been ditched but then again it has been here for awhile. So fast forward to last night when I put the bastard pack on the Jeep and immediately I notice its not right. It just felt way too stiff with the main XJ leaf and the 3 blazer leaves added to it. I took it to a place I use too flex it out and realize its not doing anything in the rear. It had me really upset all night so this afternoon I took it back apart and just used the main Blazer leaf as a "sag free" add a leaf. Bingo!! It is working great and rides unbelievably well. This isn't meant to be a write up or anything like that, just too share my experiences and hopefully give some people some ideas. With this setup I got 4.75" of lift.

Last edited:
I made sure not to touch anything I wouldn't be taking with me. I actually feel bad about it but I have to do whats best for the Jeep and it hated the 3" blocks it came with.

If Im reading this right, you got 4.75" lift from one S10 leaf and stock XJ pack?
I hope thats not the case because Im getting a bastard pack together and was planning on using the XJ main, two S10 leafs and a short XJ leaf for 3.5".

IcedXJ said:
If you use all the S10 leafs you get 4.5"...if you do not of course you get less lift.

Thats what I thought. Im just trying to verify or clearify the example above. Thats the most lift Ive ever heard of someone getting from one S10 leaf.

To get 4.5" you used all 3 S10 leafs and how many XJ leafs?

I assume that the Blazer leaves are stiffer due to the fact that they have to carry more weight.

rredalty said:
I assume that the Blazer leaves are stiffer due to the fact that they have to carry more weight.

It may also have to do with whether the doner is 2X4 and 4X4.

Back