• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

box in leaf spring mounts

afd516

NAXJA Forum User
Well I have my old leafs out and I am ready to install my 4'' BOR leafs. I am excited because man did the ride suck. Here is a pic of it and you can imagine for yourself. I was hitting the bump stops on the highway. The chains are tied to the axle not the body so the suspension is not being compressed in these pics.

exocage017.jpg

exocage020.jpg

I will post an after pic when they are installed.

Now to the ?. Would it be worth my while to box in the mounts while I have everything out? I have all the material and tools to do it in my garage right now. I wheel it much harder than the average jeeper out there but I still take it easy. If that makes any sense. I have never heard of someone ripping out their leaf mounts but, I thought I would ask anyway. TIA

Last edited:
Funny, John! Of course you would be my only response to this thread. I had to cut out my front leaf bolt on the driver side and so I came to a stopping point. I will not be able to get the bolt till fri. cause I have to work. If no one posts up any info on this subject, for or against, by the time I get home fri. morning, than by noon on fri. they will be installed. I will probably take it out sat. if, I can get it out of my garage. :)

Back