• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Using Permatex Aviation Grade Gasket Maker

BSD

NAXJA Forum User
I was using some of the Permatex aviation grade gasket maker becuase it can handle contact with fule. I applied it to a part yesterday afternoon. Today, it was still very tacky if not sticky. ANybody worked with the stuff before? It was sitting in my shed for the last year nad hence would have been exposed to both temperature extremes. Is the set up time longer?
Thanks
BSD

If you mean good-ol' Permatex Aviation Form-a-Gasket #3, it's not supposed to set up hard. It should stay tacky pretty much forever. There's a really neat "high tack" version too, for applications where it's hard to keep the parts aligned. I've used it for years. Great stuff. Just don't get it on your....oh never mind, just be careful, cuz it's really really sticky!

Thanks, and yes I ddi discover it is sticky. However, this is not going to turn into the "How do you get ____ off my Hoo-Hoo" thread I saw making the rounds the other day.
BSD

Back