• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Heater woo's

tokymon

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 89 cherokee with a/c. My problem being that my heater motor is rubbing on what sounds like a door trying to close on it. this all started when i had my oil changed 2 days ago. not very fimilar with the jeep system, am a litttle mechanicaly inclined so any sujestions on where to start would help

I think this is vaccum related but am unsure as to where to start looking

A link to a vaccum diagram would really help

Thanks in advance

Well to be honest i dont think the oild change had much of a direct affect on it but a possible coincidece. In general most of your climate control stuff is under the passanger dash. I would first locate the fan in there and make sure its spinning freely then i would check the vac pressure going to the climate control system as it actuates all vents and ac/heat doors. The vac line enters from the passanger firewall and runs into the climate area. I would check for vacuum before and after the firewall.

pete

thanks pete the only reason i mentioned the oil change was because it started right after it.
they might have broke my vaccum line
at least now i have some where to start to look

Back