• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rock Krawler Skidplate

ZPD

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone have any pics of the rock krawler skid plate? I have searched for a while and couldn't find anything. The pic on their website isn't very clear. Is it a skidplate or is it a crossmember/skidplate combo? Does it hang below the frame or is it flush like TNT's?
I am starting my suspension build and I am debating whether to buld my own or buy TNT's belly pan or RK's and go from there.

Plan A is a hidden three link and if that gets to frustrating then a radius arm will be plan b. I hope to be done by late spring.

The only reasons I can think of that a TNT Bellypan wouldn't work for a "URF" style three-link is (1) the upper arm mount could be tricky (just a guess), and (2) it uses all three factory mounting bolts on each side, which moves the front of the skid pretty far up. I am using one for my radius arm setup, and my arms will only be 32-33" long to the center of the front axle...

ya that upper mount is going to be tricky no matter what.
Back to the original question, does anyone have a picture of the rock krawler skid?

IMG_5861-2.jpg

TNT

HPS2W_6E73_8527.jpg

RK

Picture091.jpg

Yours

TNT is pretty flush in comparison. :D

Chuck, you are hanging out my dirty laundry- that is so 2002 ;)
I guess "technically" TNT is not flush but it apears to be pretty close.

BTW The RK picture didn't show up...

answering the op questions rk's belly skid plate lays flush with the frame. If you want to be really technical it depends on your setup. If you use rk's long arms like i do then you have the arm bracket which i believe is a 1/4 thick. Then the skid plate bolts over the top of that, so from bottom of frame rail to bottom of rk skid plate it sticks a 1/2 inch down but its flush all the way across. It might be a little less than a 1/2 inch, tomorrow in the day light ill take a measurement for you.

Its a really nice piece, nice and heavy duty i doubt you'll bend it.

Matt

matt6669 said:
answering the op questions rk's belly skid plate lays flush with the frame. If you want to be really technical it depends on your setup. If you use rk's long arms like i do then you have the arm bracket which i believe is a 1/4 thick. Then the skid plate bolts over the top of that, so from bottom of frame rail to bottom of rk skid plate it sticks a 1/2 inch down but its flush all the way across. It might be a little less than a 1/2 inch, tomorrow in the day light ill take a measurement for you.

Its a really nice piece, nice and heavy duty i doubt you'll bend it.

Matt
Matt,
Can you take a pic of the skid plate for me? The only pic I have found is this one on their website:
xj_flatskid.JPG

will try to get one up for you before the weekend is over, im usually home after it gets dark so it gets a little rough but will try to get it for you asap.

ps you can get that skid a lot cheaper than its listed on their website for too, maybe as another incentive to convince you which way to go :)

will try and get you a pic though
Matt

matt6669 said:
will try to get one up for you before the weekend is over, im usually home after it gets dark so it gets a little rough but will try to get it for you asap.

ps you can get that skid a lot cheaper than its listed on their website for too, maybe as another incentive to convince you which way to go :)

will try and get you a pic though
Matt

Since you pimp RK everytime it's brought up in a thread on this board, it would be cool if you bought a red name.

Gettin' a little, give a little.

Besides, you'll be helping out your local chapter during the March membership drive! ;)

X2..
Capt. Nemo said:
Since you pimp RK everytime it's brought up in a thread on this board, it would be cool if you bought a red name.

Gettin' a little, give a little.

Besides, you'll be helping out your local chapter during the March membership drive! ;)

ChuckD said:
Zion, did you modifiy your frame rails? If so, I say make your own CM/skid.

If you didn't, why not, I bashed the heck out of mine.
No cutting, welding, or bashing yet. I have got the SOA done in the back and the front axle out with the HP D44 in position in the front for the mock-up.

Back