• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

criuse control

my2wdsucks

NAXJA Forum User
i went the highway yesterday to get to work i set my criuse and it slowly came back up like the vacuum was weak i tried it again and nothing i gave it one more shot 5 miles later and work for like 4 minutes then it (criuse) shut offand didnt work on the way home please help.. and i do NOT want to search the forumfor it either i work ten days and when im not sleeping im dinking aorund on my jeep i dont have time dont mean to be a douche i just would like a straight answer

if it seemed like the vacuum was weak then it's probably a vacuum leak.
Asking for a straight answer when you've not done any troubleshooting is like asking someone to tell you what your height is when they've never seen you.
You've also forgotten to put down any pertinent info.
Engine, trans, YEAR, you know, things that change answers quite a bit, considering there were a few different cruise control systems. Not to be a douche...

Typical place for a vacuum leak is the hard line under the battery tray, check there first. Also inspect all the nylon lines that run vacuum around the engine compartment. There's a Vacuum harness assembly up front, check there, when I bought my 87 4.0 it had two lines cracked. If you want to fix it and not buy a harness get some tubing the proper ID and just cut the lines off the harness, reconnect with tubing and clamps.
The vacuum motor is located on the throttle body, you may want to see if it's bound up at the linkage, or if the linkage needs lubed. When in doubt, clean it up, and grease it.
The Cruise Control module is yellow, and should be under the dash, drivers side, in the middle. Check the connections there, make sure that ti's connected solidly, and there are no melted areas.
Let us know what you find.

Back