• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Who did the cut/glue flares?

Cheropair

NAXJA Forum User
I have several flares, and remember seeing a long time ago about how someone had taken two flares, cut them up, and then stuck them back together to make one super-size fender flare.

Anyone have a link, or remember who did this? I'd like to know how it all worked, along with the materials used. Also, I'd like to know how well they have held up to the constant vibration!!!

Did this turn out to be a good plan of attack?? Not looking for more width, just bigger to cover the openings after I cut the fenders.......

Yup, I did them. The fronts have survived quite well, but the rears are trashed. In our tight rock trails, the rear rarely sees the same lines as the front, so they get ridden pretty hard.

I added 3 inches of length and 2 inches of height to the front and 3 inches of length and 1.5 inches of height to the rear. I used fiberglass 1" wide strips and JB weld to glue everything together.

When I build my new rig, I'll be using 'glass front fenders and TJ rear flares. They are much tougher, and plenty large for 35''s or even 37's.

I'll try to dig up some pics.

CRASH

Back