• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

which one to get??

krelja

NAXJA Forum User
I was looking to pick up a mig welder and was caught up between the hobart handler 140 or the millermatic 135. They both seem to be comprable and I was also under the impression the they are basically the same company now. So what do you think go with miller or get the hobart and the 5 whole extra amps? Millers site compares it to the old hobart 135 but not the 140 which should have some better features.

I would get the Miller, I dont know about the two companies hooking up, but I would think that it would be easier to find consumables for the Miller.
One piece of advice though, I would save the coin, and try to get atleast a 175 amp welder, and just my preference - Lincoln.

I recently got a hh135 and am very happy with it. Miller owns Hobart, the gun that came with my hh is a miller so the consumables are all the same. If you call a Hobart phone number you talk to Miller people, great customer support. The only real difference between the two machines is the infinite voltage settings whihc I do not think is such a big deal on low end 110v machines.

Here is a great site http://www.hobartwelders.com/mboard/index.php?

K

A while ago I heard that Miller used copper windings and Hobart used steel, and Miller machines had steel gears where hobart had plastic. This would indicate that the Miller is built better and will last longer.

The Miller 135's a nice machine.

Look into the millermatic DVI (dual voltage input). You can run it 110v or 220v. I've been using it for almost 2 years now and I really like it. It also uses the smaller stinger to get into tight places where as my old miller 210 had the big stinger. I think I paid less than a grand for it here locally.

Back