• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Stroker Injector Selection Question

cyrus

NAXJA Forum User
I have searched and found a great deal of info on this subject. But not an answer to this question:

Can the injectors from a 96-98 dodge 5.9 be used and what is the rated flow. I have seen the speced Dodge injectors on the 4.0performance website, but he doesnt get into any other oem injectors other than the 95 model year dodges, and the LT4 injectors from chevy.

The reason I ask is because I can ge a set of these 96-98 breed injectors on the cheap, if they will work.

cyrus said:
I have searched and found a great deal of info on this subject. But not an answer to this question:

Can the injectors from a 96-98 dodge 5.9 be used and what is the rated flow. I have seen the speced Dodge injectors on the 4.0performance website, but he doesnt get into any other oem injectors other than the 95 model year dodges, and the LT4 injectors from chevy.

The reason I ask is because I can ge a set of these 96-98 breed injectors on the cheap, if they will work.

They're rated at 23.3lb/hr at 49psi (same as Jeep 2.5/4.0/5.2/5.9 injectors for same years) so they're too small for a stroker unless you run an adjustable fuel pressure regulator ($180 from Hesco) with the fuel pressure set at not less than 49psi.
It's better to start with the right size injectors (Ford 24lb'ers are cheap in e-bay) so that you'll need only minimal adjustment of the fuel curve afterwards. I'm running mine with the stock 39psi regulator in my 4.6 strokered '92 XJ, and I have a homebrew MAP adjuster (cost only $9 in Radio Shack parts) set just above stock at 5.15v. The results are excellent.

Back