• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

rear coilover conversion

JEEPSPEEDRCR

NAXJA Forum User
I am looking to do a coilover conversion on the rear of my 2001 xj. I have the full-traction 6in long arm w/ full-traction leafs in the rear. fox 2.0resi all around. I use my xj for prerunning and some crawling. I have taken the jeep to octillio and the rear end can't keep up w/ the front and hits the bumps to quickly because of not having enough uptravel. I am looking to do the link setup to get more controled uptravel. I looked at the rock-krawler setup and liked it. How many inches of uptravle does the kit have w/ the shock mounting points that come w/ the kit? I run 35's and could i gain some uptravel by running 14 or 16in coilovers through the floor and onto a hoop? I would plan to run a swaybar in the rear as well as airbumps.
If you have pics of any four-link or 3-link setup i would appreciate them. I would like to see whats out there so that i don't buy the wrong setup.
thanks in advance

I have the same idea and I'm running the same Full Traction lift.
Is Rock Krawler the only company that sells a 4link kit ready to assemble?
I'm not so expert and able to do it by myself (I mean the design).
Diego.

RK and Claytons are the only two that make kits.i would suggest finding somebody to design a kit for you then using a kit but that personal preference

Does anyone have pics of their setup, i would like to see some setups w/ the coilovers running through the floor onto a hoop on the inside?

thanks

add.sized.jpg

i asked my buddy last night about how his truck was when he drove it on the road. He said very little, if any rear steer, but he said you definietly need to run a rear sway bar with that setup. He said the road manners of this kit is awesome, wayyyy better than driving leafs on the road.

Matt

Why would you have any rear steer on the road? There's no articulation involved. Flex it out and report back...

Fullsize, wanna share the under side? Topside looks nice!

You may find you are going to get yourself over your head really really quickly. There are a ton of variables that get added when you go from leaf to link style setups.

I have tons and tons of friends who excellent handling pre-runners that run leafs out back. I think you may want to look into running longer eye to eye springs that are custom fit to your application. Also, what valving are you running in your shocks?

I can see you dumping $1800-2400 easy into a custom rear link setup and having it ride like total shit. Do yourself a favor and call the guys at deaver spring in Santa Ana. Tell them you want to get a set of leaf packs made for your jeep. They are going to ask you things like length, and spring rate and also what your jeep weights, so have all this kind of stuff before you call.

I suggest heading over to one of the pre-runner msg boards and looking into what they are running on their yotas and rangers out back.

I'm not trying to be a dick, just trying to save you some headache.

JEEPSPEEDRCR said:
Does anyone have pics of their setup, i would like to see some setups w/ the coilovers running through the floor onto a hoop on the inside?

thanks

Not coilovers, but close.........

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

I agree with the other posts. This is a mod that can be worse than leafs if not setup properly.

Rick

Back