• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Heater not pushing out a lot air

Jeep Freak

NAXJA Forum User
I just bought an xj for the wife and the heater wasn't working so well. It turned out that the lever was not connect at the heating ducts. Anyway I get good heat after the Jeep warms up (which takes forever) but now that I have a good temp, it seems like there is barely any air coming through the vents. There is nothing making to the back and the panel on the drives left blows cold air then the center by the radio. Also the panel right under the colum blows out nothing. So is it that something is blocked in the ducts or is the blower motor bad? The motor turns on and everything just fine. Looking for some help because it's cold in Alaska. oh, it's an 88 laredo 4.0l

the one under the colum could easily be detached from the duct work. taking off that panel to check is pretty simple, just a few screws, but be sure to get the one behind the ashtray as well. as for your blower motor, does it sound like it's working at differant speeds? it sounds more like a problem after the blower motor. it's possible that an acuator in the duct work may not be opening properly.

well in my 87 when i put it on heater, air only gets blown out towards my legs, but when in vent mode, i get lots of nice hot air. putting it on vent and the slider all in the red works great for me.

Check your vacuum lines. I had the same problem of no air blowing through the vents. It sounded like the motor was blowing but nothing was coming through. There was a hole in the vacuum line right by the battery. The acid had eaten through the hose. It is easily repaired with a slightly larger tube spliced in between. I also switched to a sealed battery.

Back