• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

what could it be?

SourApple

NAXJA Forum User
hey guys,

I nailed a bank sometime in the summer pretty hard withthe right front tire and im pretty sure that is the culprit, however i dont kno what is damaged.

here are the symptons.

not when i drive straight. and not when i turn left. . . but when i brake and i turn even the slightest to the right i have grinding. the grinding is comeing from the right front tire area. it doesnt get worse with how much i turn right, but u can hear it and its not pretty. what do you think it might be. thanks

check the wheel bearing, jack it up and grab the wheel on the top and bottom and shake it, see if it has ANY play, if it does, it's a bad bearing.

thanks, thats exactly it. is that a problem to change. im going to go to napa and Aand A after my morning classes. they should have it right? thanks alot

it's not that bad, you need a 36mm a 12 point 13mm and a few other hand tools, but they are not cheap, anywhere from $89-$140, yeah napa should have them.

sure is. Don't go to autozone. The one down the street here has them for $149. At the rate I seem to mess them up, it'll be cheaper to buy a new axle soon! hahaha! That's what I get for running 35's.

it's called a " unit bearing " and yeah mine was $100 at part's plus but some place's wanted a LOT more than that. make sure you have a 3/4 drive ratchet/breaker bar, 6 foot piece of heavy pipe and a good friend to catch you when it come's loose. start spraying it with PB blaster tonight and as much as possible till you get it off. it's easy once it come's loose, it's just getting it to that point that's the fun part.....

Back