• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Running hot problem solved!!!!

my95yj

NAXJA Forum User
Finally had a free weekend so I could take the GDI out.......
Here's the background....
Bought the XJ in Jan from my buddy, right before I took possesion of it, he put in a GDI, just for the added satisfaction of the 3 row....we have both had multiple XJ's and knew this to always be a potential problem......
As summer started rollin around, the temp guage started creeping past 210 mark and then finally going over to first white line after the 210 mark......I was pissed......had a wedding to plan, and a million other things, never a free weekend.......
so after the honeymoon i call him up hoping he still has the stock radiator laying around, he does, OUTSTANDING!!!
popped it in lastnight, driving to work this morning, no problems, the real test this afternoon, 95 degree heat and who knows how much humidity, A/C on HIGH!!! never went past 210!!!!
I guess I was one of those guys who got the "gummed up, sodered" whatever you want to call it, not so good GDI......
back to stock and I love it.......
thank you for the read....just wanted to share my joy.....:)

Yeah, I been keeping up on the controversy here at NAXJA on two and three row radiators and how, and even if they are of any cooling benefit, over a good stock replacement.

Seems there are so many variables that it usually cant be narrowed down to one specific cause, of overheating, but it seems the expensive three core radiators arent usually the answer.

Back