• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Will these wheels fit (well)?

vertigospiral88

NAXJA Forum User
I was looking at wheels today, and saw these that I thought were pretty cool. Now, from using that wonderful search feature, I know that I'm looking for for 5 on 4.5 lug pattern (check), 3.75" backspacing (not so check), and a -19 mm offset (ditto).

http://www.inclinedvehicles.com/prodinfo.asp?number=CRR-3975812

The closest I can find is 4.0" backspacing and a -12 mm offset.... My question is how much difference is that really? I am fairly confident that they will fit (due both to the fact that the XJ is listed on the applications section and because they seem to be marginal differences), but will it make the wheels stick out? If so, how much? Enough to cause premature wheel bearing failure and undue stress on the steering components?

If anyone has any experience with these wheels I'd like to know how they work for ya....

EDIT: Oh yeah, and if it matters it's a 1994 Cherokee SE 4.0 HO and AW4; and I was looking at the 15"x8" wheels.

There's only a 1/4" difference between 3.75" and 4" so those will stick out 1/4" less. The more backspacing you have the less the wheel will stick out.
They should work fine.

Kyung

The tires are going to stick out about another 2-2.5"" over stock, maybe more depending on tire size. Stock wheels(for 97, all years are the same?) are 15x7, 5.25 backspacing, and with 31x10.50's just barely clears the lower controls arms. I run Rockcrawlers, 15x8, 3.75" backspacing. It does affect handling, and I'm sure bearing and balljoint wear, although I havn't had a problem yet, only 15-20k so far. It does feel more stable, although when you hit something like snow drifts offset it pulls it to that side more. Has anybody made any scrub radius measurements with aftermarket tires/wheels?

Back