• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New Fuel pump...questions on starting

Cottontail

Three-De Off-Road
NAXJA Member
I had a problem with hesitation on accelleration on my '90 and it was determined that the fuel pump was the issue.

I went to the Jeep dealer and got a OEM replacement pump and installed it. I have driven it about 50 miles since the swap and I am not noticing the problems with the hesitation anymore.

Now, instead, it won't start right away. I need to hold the key on and hit the accellerator to the floor and it starts after about 10-15 seconds of cranking. The "hesitation pump" started fine each time.

What could be causing the "delay in starting" problem? Did I not get one of the electrical connectors on the top of the pump on solid? Something else?

Thanks!

Four days of viewing and nothing?

Anyone, anyone?

Fuel pressure regulator? I thought my pump was bad, but after replacing it I still had some issues with starting... replaced the regulator and things were back to normal.

Back