• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dana 44 axle vent

RyanM

NAXJA Forum User
unfortuanately i got the vent tube hung on some debris, and the plastic peice in my 87 44-3 broke. the pice that fits in the axle tube and has a male adapter the vent to slide on. is there a part number for this peice or what should i do.

skyjackedxj96 said:
unfortuanately i got the vent tube hung on some debris, and the plastic peice in my 87 44-3 broke. the pice that fits in the axle tube and has a male adapter the vent to slide on. is there a part number for this peice or what should i do.
I'd drill out the hole, tap it and put in a small barb hose thing in (that's what I did to mine before I broke it ;) ). If you do it right you will have a rag inside the tube to catch all the shavings.

Go buy a new one,remove the plastic in the axle and stick the new one in ,I had/have one in my spare parts but can,t find it and the part # but one for a 35 will work also.
I did change mine to the later model brass fitting when rebuilding my 44.It threads thru the brake line mounting block and is hollow.But my axle was apart and I could clean the metal bits from drill and tapping the hole larger out of the axle tube.
Wayne

Back