• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XJ Selec-Trac

georgemu

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 1990 XJ that I swapped my NP231 for a xj selec-trac NP242. I need a copy of the instruction sheet that is mounted on the drivers sun visor for the rest of the family to read. Can anyone get me a good digital picture of one??

You could always hunt for a visor and replace it if no one has a picture.

RichP said:
You could always hunt for a visor and replace it if no one has a picture.
That would be the easy way out??...my closest junk yard is 36 miles. Besides I thought that is what the internet is for......stay at home and relax, chat, share, sell, buy.

georgemu said:
That would be the easy way out??...my closest junk yard is 36 miles. Besides I thought that is what the internet is for......stay at home and relax, chat, share, sell, buy.

Thats what junkyards are for too, wander round with tools in hand and find all kinds of neat stuff. Look around for a Jeep or GM rear view mirror with built in map lights and replace your stocker, find a set of heated outside mirrors and do those too...consider acquiring the parts for a rear disc brake conversion, the possibilites are endless... :laugh3:

I tried to take a pic of it with my 5.1mp camera, the flash gives a glare and makes it unreadable. Its midnight and 30 degrees out, at least I tired. You can probably order it from a dealer since they still use the selec-trac transfer case.

If you have or can find an XJ owners manual, it includes the same information for both t-cases. Instructions for operation are included for both version and is the same info that is on the visor.

Tally_XJ said:
If you have or can find an XJ owners manual, it includes the same information for both t-cases. Instructions for operation are included for both version and is the same info that is on the visor.
Thanks. I've got a manual coming...got it on Ebay.

Thanks everyone for your help.
George

IMG_3400.jpg

Back